With their signatures of the landmark Paris climate accord, “governments made a covenant with the future,” Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said at the end of a United Nations ceremony that saw the largest single-day turn-out for such an event, and which puts the world on a path towards low-carbon growth and...
- World’s Least Developed Countries must be at the forefront of sustainable development May 29, 2016
- Adopting Declaration, political leaders, representatives reaffirm commitment to Istanbul Programme of Action for Least Developed Countries May 29, 2016
- UN conference on least developed countries opens in Turkey to assess progress made since 2011 May 27, 2016
- Global community meets to assess progress of Least Developed Countries at major United Nations event May 27, 2016
- Despite uneven progress, Least Developed Countries have much upon which to build, Secretary-General tells High-Level Midterm Review Conference May 27, 2016